Coming Home to Kansas






5.21.2007

happy (belated!) birthday, hannah!

Hannah! Hope you had a good birthday. Were you working? Has it been dry there? I was watering everything yesterday, and the ground here is like cement.

All of these recent birthdays made me wonder if blogger has some way to program in birthdays, anniversaries, etc., for our group members. It would be cool to have some way to have them pop up in the blog or via email.... Like some sort of blogger calendar. Do you know of anything like that, Ellie?

2 Comments:

Blogger LE said...

We could set up a calendar in Google for it! I'll try to work something out.

5:51 PM  
Blogger LE said...

Ok, I've set one up, and added everyone (I think?) to it with the individual ability to add important dates.

Am I missing anyone?

Lesley
Hannah
Sarah
Jen
Catie
Garrett
LeAnn

You will all probably need to set up Google calendar accounts, if the "these people don't have accounts; invite them?" message was any indication.

I have it set up to e-mail reminders every morning that an event (aka birthday) is scheduled, but I'm not yet certain if that just goes to me as the founder of the calendar, or to everyone as members. I'll do a test for tomorrow. Please tell me whether or not you receive an e-mail from the calendar. If you don't, I'll have to configure the calendar differently, using the listserv e-mail address to set the whole thing up.

(The downside of the notifications is that I am pretty sure you get one every. single. day. regardless of whether or not you've entered an event.)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home