Coming Home to Kansas






5.04.2007

and now.... happy birthday, Sarah!

I am a day early though, right?

I got my hair cut yesterday and that makes me think of you, Sarah. I think you could help me out of my current rut. Anyway. The woman who cuts my hair always remarks how long my hair takes to dry (it really does take forever). Yesterday, she told me that paper towels were the secret to getting the most excess water out of your hair. Better than terrycloth. I love it. All these expensive hair products, and what will really work on my hair? Brawny.

She also say that fabric softener sheets are the secret to getting rid of flyaway dry hair in winter. I love that she never tries to sell me the pricey stuff. She sends me to the household section. I wondered if you have hair secrets like this, too, Sarah?

And, how will you spend your birthday?

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, I am a cinco de mayo baby. We are going to a cheer/pom showcase at JCCC in Overland Park tomorrow. Luckily Robynn's group isn't till 11:30 so it isn't really early that we have to leave. Then when we get back I may go out with a few friends. Sunday we are going to plant the rose bushes that Jennifer got me. I am going to have to get these 2 frog princes that I fell in love with at Gordman's to accent my rose bushes.

Fabric softener sheets are an old favorite for static electricity. I usually rough dry hair before I start using a brush. Round brushes are my favorite and they work well for the straight look while adding volume at the root (along with root booster love that stuff!)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

happy birthday yellow rose.

Do you know if having really hard water is the reason that my hair is so, so tangly? Other than that, it's been exceptionally curly and healthy since I moved up here. But I may start to get dreadlocks soon.

5:47 PM  
Blogger LE said...

Happy birthday!

Hey, I just got my hair cut, too! I should post some pictures. I like it a lot. Though of course the stylist did it way better than I was able to do this morning. I do need to get a big round brush. I just have one from the Body Shop that has a bamboo handle.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you Hannah. You remembered my favorite flower. The rose bushes that Jennifer got me are yellow rose bushes.
It is possible the hard water is stripping the oils from your hair. A leave in conditioner will probably help that.
Round brushes don't have to be expensive. I'll find a pic of the kind that I love.

8:07 PM  
Blogger LE said...

What do you do with the dryer sheets? Rub them on your static-y hair?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Yeah, in the winter when hair flies away. Plus they smell good!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I wouldn't say rub. After you dry it before you style it or flat iron it or whatever you take one in each hand take a section of hair (probably as wide as the dryer sheet or a little smaller) put one hand with dryer sheet on the top of the hair and one on the underside of your hair then smooth down your hair. Repeat this all over. Then style as usual.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home